Benefits of Montenegrin Citizenship
- Passport ranking high for global mobility, with visa-free access to 123 countries of the World, including the Schengen Area, Russia and Turkey
- Investor and business-friendly climate with the lowest tax rates* in Europe (*corporate, personal and capital gains – 9%)
- Next in line EU candidate state, with planned accession by 2025
Member state of the European Monetary Union, the NATO Alliance, OSCE and WTO
The purpose of the Citizenship by Investment Programme (CBIP) is to stimulate and secure direct foreign investment in Montenegro.
Potential investors must have a valid passport (of their country), a proof of no criminal record and have to be able to demonstrate that investment funds have been obtained in a legal way.
- Only 2,000 passports will be available over a period of three years
- Programme expires once the quota is filled or the three-year period lapses
- Successful applicants will be granted full citizenship within six months
In order to be eligible to participate in CBI Programme, according to the Decision on criteria for selection of the persons eligible for Montenegrin citizenship by investment*, investor may obtain citizenship if they meet the conditions as specified:
- pay all the administrative fees to the state (€15,000: main applicant; €10,000: per qualifying
dependent, (spouse + children) for up to four dependents; €50,000: per qualifying dependent,
for the fifth and every next dependent.);
- deposit 100.000 euros on the ESCROW account for the purpose of development of the less
developed municipalities in Montenegro;
- deposit at least 250.000 euros for the purpose of investing (in this case, in one of the units/
apartments in Hotel Pine Tree Residence);
- never been convicted to prison sentence of 1 year or more;
- the international due diligence agent gave a positive review of the applicant, including the origin
of the investment funds.
* Decision on the criteria, method and procedure for the selection of persons who may acquire Montenegrin citizenship by admission for the purpose of implementation of special investment programme of special importance for the business and economic interests of Montenegro (“Official Gazette of Montenegro“, No. 79/18)